Thursday 15 August 2013

Glossybox 'High-Flyers' August 2013

'High-Flyers'- The Glossybox from around the world. I wasn't that pleased overall with this box compared to last months, as I found the products were quite average and nothing special which I would get a lot of use out of. However, the products in this box are all under 100ml to ensure you can take these abroad on travels and they won't take up too much space in your case, which is great as I'm going on holiday next month!
So, the first product I received in my box was some Emite Make Up Eyelash Curlers from Sweden, which price at approximately £20 (expensive I know!). It's like Glossybox read my mind this month, as a few weeks ago I lost my old eyelash curlers somewhere and was in need of some new ones as soon as possible! It was a great surprise to receive these ones! They have a special curved design to suit all eye shapes and come with 3 extra refill pads, so they will last a very long time. I've used these every day since getting them last week and they feel very sturdy to use, but I wouldn't have purchased these out shopping anytime as I think they are so expensive, you can get some for much cheaper online and I bet they'd work as well.

Next was the TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Concentrated Treatment Shot, from the USA. This can be bought for £1.49 from Superdrug, Boots, Tesco and Waitrose. From other people's reviews on this, it seems like a good product and I'm yet to try this because once it's opened you have to use all of it, so I'm going to take it on holiday with me to hopefully control frizzy hair. I will use this after returning from a waterpark to get the chlorine out of my hair and leave it smooth. I think this is good value for money and if it works well then I'll definitely be buying more to take on holidays with me!

Then I received the Oceane Makeup Remover Pen, from Brazil, which is not yet available in the UK so I'm not sure what price this would be retailed at. I have seen many people say that they have never seen anything like this before and are quite excited to use it, however I purchased something similar to this a few months ago by Simple, which I wasn't really impressed with neither. The tips of the pen get dirty very easily and if you use them more than once, it marks your skin so you ruin your make up anyway! I think this product is quite average and doesn't do anything different to what a folded-up make up wipe would do!

The next product I received in my Glossybox was a Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 Shadow/Liner in Black, from of course, the UK. I never usually use pencil to line my eyes (it's difficult enough with liquid!), but I gave it a go and failed miserably. Plus, I don't wear dark eye shadows either so I don't really see how I'll use this product so I will probably give this to a friend which will be better than it cluttering up my make up drawer. With this product priced at £10.50, it definitely needs to be used!

Right, the final product I got this month was my absolute favourite. It's a Urban Veda Turmeric & Botanic Daily Radiance Facial Wash, which is great value for money at around £7.99. It does exactly what it says on the bottle; naturally brightens and balances skin tone, as well as leaving skin super smooth, even after just one use! It also has an amazing fruity scent which you don't usually expect for a face wash, but it's not over-powering or irritating. I think it was a sample size as it was only about 20ml, but it will last me a while because you only need to use a tiny bit to cover your face and neck. When this runs out I will definitely be purchasing the full size product- this is my new daily facial wash!

These are the products I received in this months Glossybox. I hope you enjoyed reading this post and feel free to comment with products you'd want me to try out, or what you've liked in your Glossybox, as I'd love to know what you think!

Caitlin x

1 comment:

  1. I really want a glossy box subscription!

    Lorraine x
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...